UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody67

Established Member
Reaction score
Curiosity strikes again, but why do we choose what we use as Avatars? Mines a shot of The Lake District, cos it's where I live! (homer)
What and why do you fellow Woodies choose?

Mark

My image is (obviously) linked to my name. The reason for the name (which bears no relationship to my real name) is based on an old family 'joke' started by my younger son about 20 years ago!

Misterfish

Mine is a close up of one of a pair of noticeboards I made for Trinity College Chapel, with the chapel windows reflected in the glass. Unfortunately a new Dean of Chapel arrived recently and decided he didn't want any 'furniture' in the ante-chapel, so they have now gone to two of the college's livings (parish churches supported by the college, where the college has the right to appoint the vicar).

Mine's a Schemp-Hirth Discus 2 glider, and I fantasise that when my 6 numbers come up I shall spend most of my waking hours in the cockpit of one of these.

mailee":g8zni2ub said:
Mine is my home, well my workshop really. Ask SWIMBO and she would tell you it is my home though. :lol:

Still think it should've won that competition :lol: and mine is curtisy of Charley 'cos I ain't worked out how to do avatars yet :oops:

Losos - putting up your avatar isn't too hard - quite similar to posting pics really, the only difference being the size - 80 x 80 pixels is a good un. Simply copy your chosen photo (as when you're posting pics) and paste it in the "Links to off-site Avatar" box in your profile area and hey presto! Mind you,it took me ages first time :oops:

Mine's simply a large offcut of oak with quite an interesting grain pattern and shape. Why? Because I haven't made any else lately and I'm not sure what to make with it (well, actually I have TWO!).

I might replace it soon with a shot of my shiny, new AW106 planer thicknesser (I've already managed a tiny scratch on the infeed table before I've even used it!).

:D

woody67":eaa4v8si said:
Curiosity strikes again, but why do we choose what we use as Avatars? Mines a shot of The Lake District, cos it's where I live! (homer)
What and why do you fellow Woodies choose?

Mark

Photos I took through my telescope mainly - because the beauty of the cosmos is beyond compare

Mine is usually either a picture of the last significant project I cut or one that's practically complete and which I'm about to describe on the forum.

Sometimes I forget to change the avatars though :oops: and sometimes I just like the current one, so I keep it.

Gill

Mine's a garden office/room that my son designed and i constructed in two parts doing up a house bath/kitchen etc in the middle .It has some different materials than usual and we find it a haven of peace to use.

My avatar is me trying to play the Saxophone just like a Motown Musician, there's no chance, I can't even play the drums, mind you when I was a child, I used to play on the Linoleum :lol:

Martin

Mine is of an Oak tree i took about 20 years ago on my old Yashica SLR.
Went back to the place recently where the piccy was took only to find the tree no longer their :(
Reason for this piccy as an Avatar is i thought it apt to what we all do :D
Paul.J.

My Avatar is of the first big carving job I took on when I started working for myself ( well part of it )

I I am very happy with how it came out :D

I change mine fairly regularly. I liked this picture of a green woodpecker going about his business. It was down to be changed but then it got referred to in the magazine and so it's had a brief reprieve.

Back