Woodworking & craft shows and events…

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to all those who came to say hello and supported the show.
IMG_5421.jpeg

Cheers Peter

https://mactimbers.com/

I'll pop this in here for now as a heads up.
Mike and Rene are planning the first open day of the season on the 7th April
This is not a hustle and bustle type of event usually found in this section but more of a turn up, turn off and enjoy the company scenario.

Cheers, Andy

https://mactimbers.com/

I'll pop this in here for now as a heads up.
Mike and Rene are planning the first open day of the season on the 7th April
This is not a hustle and bustle type of event usually found in this section but more of a turn up, turn off and enjoy the company scenario.

Cheers, Andy
Anyone know the timings for this. Being a Sunday, 10-4? Bit of a trek for me but I might make the effort. Would be annoying to turn up as everyone is leaving though!

72a54f7b-f20d-9456-9a50-ed1d964538c9.jpg

Not to be missed!

Get ready for a thrilling day packed with live demonstrations, free parking and refreshments! Plus, our experts are on hand to offer you unbeatable advice and irresistible show offers.

To mark our 25th Anniversary, we've unveiled a brand-new showroom that's packed with innovative and sought-after products from top brands like Milescraft, INCRA, iGaging, JessEm, Woodpeckers, Bow Products, Armor Tool, FastCap, and our exclusive brands AUKTools and Verum. It's your perfect chance to test out a wide range of products, including our selection of Router Tables from AUKTools, INCRA, and JessEm, before making your purchase!

Demonstrations from the Wood Workers Workshop team
Owner Peter Sefton - planes from Melbourne Tool Company and sharpening
Jim showcasing Router Tables from AUKTools, INCRA and JessEm
Jon presenting a range of tools from Woodpeckers USA
Craig - pocket hole systems from Milescraft and Armor Tool
Andy will be on hand with expert advice in our new showroom

Guest Demonstrators
Keith Fenton - woodturning techniques
Ryan from Veritas will be demonstrating their range of products
Alex from Pony Jorgensen showcasing their range of clamps

When
Saturday 8th June from 10am to 2pm

Where
The Threshing Barn, Welland Road, Upton-upon-Severn,
Worcestershire WR8 0SN

Check out last year's Tool Show

I'm going to be sharing a stall with a friend that does resin stuff on June 15th at the Blackbushe air show, last weekends event at Merrist Wood was such a shambles that we packed up at 4pm on the Saturday and didn't bother going back on Sunday, Blackbushe have already sold over 4.5K entry tickets so it should be a really good day even if only 1% of them buy something.

Saw an advert come up for this, for those that have been in the past how much there is woodworking specific?
"If you are looking to upgrade your kit or need the latest software, Makers Central provides a one-stop shop for the newest machinery, hand tools and software providers."

I had been tempted to go but the strap line hasn't sold it to me.

"If you are looking to upgrade your kit or need the latest software, Makers Central provides a one-stop shop for the newest machinery, hand tools and software providers."

I had been tempted to go but the strap line hasn't sold it to me.
Yeah, I’d be all for it if there were demonstrations and talks as part of it aimed at woodworkers, else £30 entry seems steep

We have exhibited at Makers Central three times, the amount of woodworking has diminished each exhibition. Went to have a look last year to see if we were missing out but decided its not for us and it looks like quite a few of other woodworkers have come to the same conclusion looking at the exhibitors list.

Its very much mixed disciplines covering all sorts of areas thinly, quite good for small CNC users though, and a good social event for insta and Facebook groups to meet up.

Cheers

Peter

I have to admit I've been to Makers Central a couple of times, and decided it's not for me - there definitely wasn't enough woodworking, and the cost is so prohibitive for what you get - I didn't feel there was enough 'other' interesting stands and my wife and daughter didn't enjoy it either and they do other 'maker' type hobbies, oh and you have to add parking on to the ticket price..... So I rather go to Newark & Harrogate and the like JMHO of course....

I have to admit I've been to Makers Central a couple of times, and decided it's not for me - there definitely wasn't enough woodworking, and the cost is so prohibitive for what you get - I didn't feel there was enough 'other' interesting stands and my wife and daughter didn't enjoy it either and they do other 'maker' type hobbies, oh and you have to add parking on to the ticket price..... So I rather go to Newark & Harrogate and the like JMHO of course....
Agreed Padster. Even tough it is the closest show to my place, I feel the cost is excessive though if you park, the best thing is to park in the Rail car park and walk/travellator from there.

Back