Workshop spring clean

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So SWMBO got tired of me whinging about not being able to find this or that tool and suggested "Why don't you clean out your shed, then?"

What, like I'm supposed to throw all this stuff away?

Wait, why does that sound like a good idea?

An hour later...

(This is just the trash pile)

Attachments

• 20240507_134529.jpg
    20240507_134529.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I need to sort out all the stuff under my workbench, there's all sorts of tools and stuff thrown under it. I really need to get some drawers sorted out to fit under the bench, but it'd likely be a lot cheaper and less faff to get hold of some solid second hand drawers. The niggle that I have is my Record 52 1/2 vice would be in the way, meaning I'd need a fairly low set of drawers. I don't have anywhere else that I could fit the vice.

I need to sort out all the stuff under my workbench, there's all sorts of tools and stuff thrown under it. I really need to get some drawers sorted out to fit under the bench, but it'd likely be a lot cheaper and less faff to get hold of some solid second hand drawers. The niggle that I have is my Record 52 1/2 vice would be in the way, meaning I'd need a fairly low set of drawers. I don't have anywhere else that I could fit the vice.
Or cut the bottom off a taller one, reinforcing what’s left?

Speaking of which... my vice has been found!

(I tore down workbench v1 and haven't quite gotten around to making v2, so I'm working off a temp bench on trestles...)

Attachments

• 20240507_163843.jpg
    20240507_163843.jpg
    818.6 KB · Views: 0
So SWMBO got tired of me whinging about not being able to find this or that tool and suggested "Why don't you clean out your shed, then?"

What, like I'm supposed to throw all this stuff away?

Wait, why does that sound like a good idea?

An hour later...

(This is just the trash pile)
But where is the picks of the super tidy shed , you might have had 2nd thoughts and put it all back 🙈🙈🙈 seriously though a good clean out never hurts ..👍👍

The pile on the workbench need a home, I'll probably build some presses tomorrow.

View attachment 180959
The dog is thinking 🤔 could put a lovely bed down for me now it’s clear 🤗🤗 I have 2 small cupboards used for storing my trestles and large numatic hoover etc , in dire need of a clean out and I think I’ll do that in the next few weeks.. thanks for the inspiration..

Back