Q? Makita LS 1013 motor question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flintandsteel

Established Member
Reaction score
Was using it yesterday then suddenly it wouldn't start.
OK today but not quite right. Kinda hesitant then it kicks in OK.
Does this sound like it needs new brushes or or is it the motor just getting old and tired?
If / when it happens again I'll rotate the blade some then see if that's enough to get it moving.

Been thinking of changing it for something newer and quieter. Any suggestions?

My thanks

Was using it yesterday then suddenly it wouldn't start.
OK today but not quite right. Kinda hesitant then it kicks in OK.
Does this sound like it needs new brushes or or is it the motor just getting old and tired?
If / when it happens again I'll rotate the blade some then see if that's enough to get it moving.

Been thinking of changing it for something newer and quieter. Any suggestions?

My thanks
Get the Capacitor checked/changed our bandsaw had it at mens shed would start slowly like a slipping clutch on car and would pick up but like off key type sound but it killed motor in the end.

I used one of those daily for years maybe 15 or 16.

The only trouble it ever gave was when the brushes wore down. They were cheap and easily replaced.

I must have replaced them 3 or 4 times. The local agricultural agent stocked them specially for me.

Get the Capacitor checked...

It might be good to look up the machine of which he asks and assess whether the type of motor on it (a mitre saw) is of the type that has a capacitor.

Brushes (CB153 £4 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183972641285) are easy to change and cheap to buy. You can sometimes get one more emergency cut out of it by taking the brush out, turning it 180 degrees and reinstalling.

I'll go with the brushes then (to start with). Need a few other bits like a carriage return spring.
Ooo another question.
On dropping the blade to cut I occasionally have to force it down (not a smooth action). Do those little press in buttons wear out to?

Back