Introduction and some Qs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are still being made although not perhaps in this country. Slotted steel screws are all you can get in most developing countries - all made in China or India. I used to have to take pozidrive / prodrive screws back with me to Africa as I couldn't get them for love nor money. If the demand is there then I'm sure that companies like Axminster of Rutlands that buy in tools and consumables by the container load from the far east will start selling them. Beware though, they may look like steel but you have to treat them more like brass!

Steve

Welcome to the club MrFixit, I was lucky about 8 years ago and did the same as you. Approached any ironmongers / hardware shop that had the run down look about it and asked for any csk steel/ brass screws. As another restorer / cabinet maker I needed to build up stocks before they disappeared totally.

If at all fails try the web for a US supplier, they still use them over there.

Sorry I can't help any further, but if I hear more on this I'll pass the info on. f you could do the same for me I'd appreciate it too.

Karl aka hs

Latest posts

Back