Introduction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonkeyPong

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to send a quick message to introduce myself! My name is Jack and I have been reading this forum for a month or so now and thought it was about time I said hello!

Thanks for all of the useful info that has been posted, and I hope that I can share some of my knowledge with you aswell in the future!

:D

Hi everyone,

Couldn't find a specific introduction thread so leeched this one. I'm in Wakefield, West Yorks, UK.

In 1973 I went to the London College of Furniture and qualified in 1976 as a cabinet maker and furniture designer. Later I moved back to Wakefield and joined the WYP. 2yrs ago I retired and am now converting my garage into a workshop to get back into my first love, wood.

I am now building 2 benches and have a free-standing circular saw, 2 bench top band saws, a scroll saw, hand router, router table, pillar drill and biscuit jointer. The hand router table was my invention when I tested the first hand router prototype by B&D back in the early 70's. I also tested the prototype Workmate and PVA glue.

Looking forward to getting back into woodworking when the benches are finished.

Back